May 2015 Clothing Budget + What I'm Into

Time for another end of the month clothing budget roundup! This time, I'm going to try adding a short summary of what I've been up to and enjoying this month, too. I'd love to keep this up every month!

First up is my clothing budget -
Overall, it was a much better month for me. I was more focused on my list and really got some good pieces that are helping my wardrobe to work better together.


May Clothing Budget

May Clothing Budget by gracenote30 featuring a chino trousers

Black Stylus cropped pants from JCPenney - $10.66 after coupon
Floral blouse from Target - $13.32
Pink print Merona shorts from Goodwill - $3.51
Cobalt Liz Claiborne chinos from Goodwill - $4.58
Black Mossimo tee - $5.50
Mustard Limited skinny jeans from a garage sale - $0.25
Red tassel Old Navy scarf from Schoola - $1.00
Floral scarf and print scarf from Goodwill - $2.97

Total spent: $41.79 

For next month, I'd like to focus on a few items: brown sandals, cognac flats, a colorful long necklace, a solid short sleeve dress, and a solid maxi skirt. I'm also continuing to buy and explore more ethical/sustainable brands and trying to factor that into my decision-making. (More on that below.) I still thrift whenever I can because that is the most cost effective way to do this, but sometimes that isn't possible, so I'm looking into new to me brands for different items like Sbicca, which is supposed to be made primarily in the USA. I'm also looking into a paper bead necklace like this one from Amazima for my colorful necklace.

The colored pants that I got from Goodwill and the garage sale were by far my best finds this month. I have been able to make so many more outfits just by having a couple pairs of colors pants!

What I'm Into/What's I've Been Up To:
Reading - 
Together With You by Victoria Bylin
Spy of Richmond by Jocelyn Green *
The Legacy by Dan Walsh
Chasing Sunsets by Karen Kingsbury
The Last Heiress by Mary Ellis

* My fave this month

Doing/Loving -
  • Another dance recital in the books! My girl really made progress this year especially in tumbling.
  • I created a 14 piece capsule wardrobe (including the pants and floral blouse above) and documented 14 unique outfits on Instagram.
  • I did a little sewing - 2 zip pouches and a key fob.
  • As a youth services librarian, this time of year is crunch time for summer reading prep. Sign up starts tomorrow!
  • I managed to run 8 times this month. I haven't done a race in a couple years, so I might sign up for a 5K.
  • We've been making lots of decisions for summer - our schedules, what activities to choose, etc.
  • We finished another choir season as director and accompanist.
  • I sell Avon and I have been collecting the Gel Finish polishes. Just finished putting a lavender shade on my toes.
  •  My husband has been so supportive in my endeavors to buy more ethically. He got me a pair of flats from The Root Collective for Mother's Day. He originally got the blue stripe, but they didn't fit, but the company has great customer service and exchanged them for the jade stripe in a size smaller. I love them and their mission and goals are amazing. (The link above is my affiliate. Get 10% off by following it.)
  

Comments

Unknown said…
Love those pink shorts - great find!