Fall Capsule Wardrobe Update + 31 Days, 31 Ways




I wanted to take some time to write about how my fall capsule wardrobe has been going now that it is fall! I started wearing my fall capsule September 1 and have worn the 34 pieces (plus one I added) this entire time. I really have enjoyed wearing the pieces and haven't "missed" the rest of my closet too much. I planned to tweak the capsule as needed, and now that it is so chilly, I am swapping out some of the warmer weather pieces and putting in some more cool weather pieces. Here's the current capsule with the swaps and additions.

Tops:
  1. Coral Tee
  2. Light Chambray
  3. Gray 3/4 Sleeve Tee
  4. Gray Striped Tee
  5. Light Blue Tee
  6. Navy and White Striped French Terry 3/4 Sleeve Top
  7. Blue Snakeskin Print Tunic Blouse
  8. Orange and Green Plaid Button Down
  9. Raspberry and Mustard Plaid Button Down
  10. Animal Print Shell
  11. Polka Dot Button Down Shirt
  12. Purple Print Blouse
  13. Hot Pink Plaid Button Down
  14. Black Long Sleeve Tee
Removed: Black Ruffle Top, Sleeveless Tie Snakeskin Blouse, Brown and Black Tank, Gray Tee
Added: Light Blue Tee, Raspberry and Mustard Plaid Button Down, Purple Print Blouse, Hot Pink Plaid Button Down, Black Long Sleeve Tee, Gray 3/4 Sleeve Tee

Bottoms:
  1. Black Jeans
  2. Gray Houndstooth Print Pants
  3. Blue Skinny Jeans
  4. Tan Dress Pants
  5. Olive Jeans
  6. Sage Khakis
  7. Black Dress Pants
  8. Maroon Khakis
  9. Black Skirt
  10. Straight Leg Jeans
Removed: Abstract Animal Print Maxi Skirt, Boyfriend Jeans, Teal Skinny Jeans
Added: Sage Khakis, Black Dress Pants

Dresses:
  1. Black and White Striped Dress
  2. Gray Maxi Dress
  3. Black Short Sleeve Dress
  4. Red Floral Print Dress
Addition: Red Floral Print Dress (Thrifted and worn for my in-laws 40th anniversary party)

Completer Pieces:
  1. Rust Colored Cardigan
  2. Denim Jacket
  3. Cobalt Blazer
  4. Plum Cardigan
  5. Black Cardigan
  6. Mustard Cardigan
  7. Dark Teal Boyfriend Cardigan
  8. Brown Striped Cardigan 
  9. Teal Puffy Vest
Removed: Short Sleeve Teal Cardigan
Additions: Plum Cardigan, Teal Puffy Vest

This puts my current total number of pieces at 37. I removed 8 pieces and added 11 pieces. I may also swap in a sweater and/or another long sleeve tee. My goal is still to stay at around 40 pieces.

I am currently participating in the 31 Days, 31 Ways remix at Greater Than Rubies. She has some great daily prompts for remixing your wardrobe this month. I am linking up there and sharing my capsule pieces!

In addition, I am finally on Instagram and have been sharing some different looks on there. Would love to have you follow me there as well!

Comments